July 9, 2011

Homemade Breadsticks


One of my favorite things ever..is the Pizza Hut buffet.  Ever tried it?  I know you have.  I know you love it too. 

All-you-can-eat Pizza Hut breadsticks?  Yes, please.

For $6.99, you could be completely happy and satisfied in your need for breadsticks.

I've spent many a day of high-school and college at the Pizza Hut buffet.  And I was happy. 

This brings me to Pizza Hut in Alaska...I haven't been there.  There's several here, yes.  But I haven't been.  The reviews aren't good (says Google).

Also, I'm afraid they won't have a buffet.  My hopes will be dashed.  Or, if they do, it will cost approximately $17.96 per person, and my hopes will also be dashed.  I'm completely over the jacked-up restaurant prices 'round here.

I decided to venture into the wide-world of yeast baking again after my semi-success a few weeks ago.

It has worked out well for me so far.

I was entirely impressed with this recipe.  It worked.  It tasted amazing.




I admit that you do need to have a few hours on your hands in order to make these, but I have tons o' time these days, so that went in my favor.

I will certainly make them again.

This recipe came from the ladies at Our Best Bites.  As someone new to yeast-baking, I found the details and pictures very helpful, so check it out!

I brushed my breadsticks with this concoction of melted butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, onion powder, and grated Parmesan.  The dipping sauce is jarred spaghetti sauce, pesto, and melted cheeses (mozzarella and Parmesan).



Then I ate them.  And I was happy.   

P.S.  I still really miss the Pizza Hut Buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!