November 24, 2014

Link Worthy Monday

Greetings from Thanksgiving vacation!  Scott didn't realize until last night that I didn't have to go back to work today.  I mentioned that I was already a little bored (just a little) and he was all, "Whaaa?". I plan on finishing my Christmas shopping and continuing my organization of the basement. Exciting stuff.  I also have a couple of recipes to share this week.  Hold me to that, please.

Until then…my bookmark tab is filling up, so time to share!

What 10 Pounds Taught Me.  I've really been working hard at changing my mentality toward fitness and body acceptance so this post was very encouraging.

Why French Kids Don't Have ADHD.  This sounds about right.

A parody of Serial.  Fantastic.

10 Ways Introverts Interact Differently.  It's not about being shy.  It's about how we're all wired differently.

A pro-vaccination argument.  This is different than the typical "herd immunity" point, but makes just as much sense and it's probably not thought about as often. The last paragraph of this letter states it all so well.

Confessions of a Pilates Instructor.  This was informative.  No one really has it all together.  Reassuring, right?

Serial replaces Shakespeare.  Such a good idea.  We need more current, relevant critical thinking in our schools.  Also, Koenig's husband teaches at Penn State, our alma mater, and this podcast on Slate does a thought-provoking recap of Serial each week.  I try to get people I know in real life into Serial and no one will listen (to it or me).  Scott loves it though.  As he said when I complained, "It's their loss."

Last but not least, Scott's birthday is this week so I'm baking this cake while he's at work.  Cross your fingers.  I've never made a homemade layer cake before.  Usually I go with the ice cream variety.

5 comments:

  1. wow. the vaccine one gave me chills, i never thought about it from that view. i was pro vaccines anyway, but i wish this would be more well known for the anti vaxxers out there.
    interesting about the french / adhd as well. very interesting read!
    also now i want ice cream cake. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That article about introverts is one I read and basically nodded my head through the entire thing. It's basically me in an article, haha.

    I love the ADHD article, too. It's always been a huge annoyance to me that every single kid with an attitude/behavioral/self-control problem is slapped with an ADD/ADHD label, pumped full of drugs and basically sedated to make them behave. It's so backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the cake will turn out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always thought that we need to take a cue from the French when it comes to children. We are too quick to medicate in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ADHD article was VERY interesting! (Also, I did download the podcasts of Serial. I just won't be listening until after Christmas. I've got music to listen to! :) )

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!